Full system simulation stuck at login
Sakshi Tiwari
2018-10-21 18:35:44 UTC
This is a gentle reminder.
Hi,
I am trying to run gem5 in FS mode. While booting the OS, the simulation
gets stuck and asks for a 'localhost login' and 'password' though I have
never created any account.
build/X86/gem5.opt configs/example/fs.py --disk-image
/home/sakshi/workspace2/gem5-FullSystem/full_system_images/ubuntu-15.04.img
--kernel
/home/sakshi/workspace2/gem5-FullSystem/full_system_images/binaries/x86_64-vmlinux-3.2.40
- Host system: Ubuntu-14.04 version (x86 system)
- Simulated system: Ubuntu-15.04 version (downloaded from
http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/15.04/
ubuntu-core-15.04-core-amd64.tar.gz)
- Kernel used: linux-3.2.40 with config file linux-3.7 (downloaded from
http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/kernel.org/linux/kernel/v3.x/)
- Steps followed from
http://www.lowepower.com/jason/creating-disk-images-for-gem5.html
- I am using the following version of gem5 -
http://repo.gem5.org/gem5/rev/63325e5b0a9d
- Output: It finished booting the OS without any errors but then asking to
enter a localhost login and password. I have tried giving some default
values such as, ubuntu/ubuntu, root/no password, nobody/no password,
root/root, host machine's login details etc. but none of these details work.
Attached is the image which shows the last few lines of the output
terminal screen.
I do not understand why it is asking me to provide the login details when
no account has been created. Can anyone please tell why this is happening?
Thanks.
Regards,
Sakshi
Ciro Santilli
2018-10-21 19:51:11 UTC
Post by Sakshi Tiwari
[...]
Likely the simulation time is much faster than real and times out
before you can type.

You have to setup things in a way that autologins you.

Using Ubuntu systemd I don't know how to do it, but google should tell.

For inittab see:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/299408/how-to-login-automatically-without-typing-the-root-username-or-password-in-build

If you can override init= with a minimal bash script that's the
easiest thing to do.
Post by Sakshi Tiwari
Regards,
Sakshi