How to dump stats.txt every fixed interval of instructions in SE mode
马君
2012-01-11 15:44:57 UTC
Hi gem5 users:

I¡¯ve known how to dump stats.txt every fixed interval of ticks
with:

exit_event = m5.simulate()

But, when I use ¡°for¡± loop to dump stats.txt based on the number
of instructions, just like:

for n in range(100)

for i in xrange(np):

testsys.cpu[i].max_insts_any_thread = options.maxinsts

exit_event = m5.simulate()

m5.stats.dump()

I found that only the first interval data is correct.

Could anyone help me that?

Jun
q***@umich.edu

Jun
Mahmood Naderan
2012-01-11 15:48:28 UTC
Maybe you have to reset stats after dump for each interval
m5.stats.reset()
http://gem5.org/M5ops
// Naderan *Mahmood;
马君
2012-01-12 02:50:07 UTC
I've tried that but still got the same results.
Only the first interval could reveal the correct sim_insts.

// Naderan *Mahmood;
Mahmood Naderan
// Naderan *Mahmood;
Korey Sewell
- Korey
马君
2012-01-13 01:12:49 UTC
As far as I know, prog_interval imply fixed ticks, how to dump by
instructions

Thanks

·¢ŒþÈË: gem5-users-***@gem5.org [mailto:gem5-users-***@gem5.org] Žú
±í Korey Sewell
·¢ËÍʱŒä: 2012Äê1ÔÂ11ÈÕ 23:50
ÊÕŒþÈË: gem5 users mailing list
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [gem5-users] How to dump stats.txt every fixed interval of
instructions in SE mode

- Korey
Ali Saidi

Mahmood Naderan
2012-01-13 16:48:51 UTC
Have you tried "--prog-interval"?
Does that work for you?
Post by Ali Saidi
The example below should work, but you'll need to call m5.stats.reset() as well.
Ali
As far as I know, prog_interval imply fixed ticks, how to dump by instructions
Thanks
Korey Sewell
发送时间: 2012年1月11日 23:50
收件人: gem5 users mailing list
instructions in SE mode
// Naderan *Mahmood;
马君
2012-01-14 14:48:20 UTC
I've tried that. But as far as I know, -prog-inveral indicates committed
instructions, and how to modify a loop in "Simulation.py" using
prog_interval to dump stats.txt every <prog_interval>?

// Naderan *Mahmood;
Mahmood Naderan
2012-01-14 17:19:09 UTC
I want to know does it work normally for you? I tried that option but
in O3CPU the ipc, number of committed instructions and others are
zero. Can you paste the output after cpu switching?
Post by 马君
I've tried that. But as far as I know, -prog-inveral indicates committed
instructions, and how to modify a loop in "Simulation.py" using
prog_interval to dump stats.txt every <prog_interval>?
The example below should work, but you'll need to call m5.stats.reset() as well.
Ali
As far as I know, prog_interval imply fixed ticks, how to dump by instructions
Thanks
代表
Post by Ali Saidi
Korey Sewell
发送时间: 2012年1月11日 23:50
收件人: gem5 users mailing list
instructions in SE mode
Check out configs/common/Options.py and then use the "progress interval"
option to dump and a fixed # of ticks for a duration of the simulation.
I’ve known how to dump stats.txt every fixed interval of ticks
exit_event = m5.simulate()
But, when I use “for” loop to dump stats.txt based on the
number
for n in range(100)
// Naderan *Mahmood;
Korey Sewell
2012-01-14 19:35:10 UTC
Another option would be to edit the progress interval code to dump and
reset the stats every interval. You would just need to call the right
functions on that event (Stats::dump() and Stats::reset() ???)
The progress interval code should be in src/cpu/base.cc if I remember
correctly.

OR, you could do what Ali suggests and add "m5.stats.reset()" right after
the line "m5.stats.dump()". That is probably the easier route to take.
Post by 马君
I've tried that. But as far as I know, -prog-inveral indicates committed
instructions, and how to modify a loop in "Simulation.py" using
prog_interval to dump stats.txt every <prog_interval>?
-----ÓÊŒþÔ­Œþ-----
±í Mahmood Naderan
·¢ËÍʱŒä: 2012Äê1ÔÂ14ÈÕ 0:49
ÊÕŒþÈË: gem5 users mailing list
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [gem5-users] ŽðžŽ: How to dump stats.txt every fixed interval of
instructions in SE mod
Post by Ali Saidi
The example below should work, but you'll need to call m5.stats.reset()
as
Post by Ali Saidi
well.
Ali
As far as I know, prog_interval imply fixed ticks, how to dump by instructions
Thanks
Žú±í
Post by Ali Saidi
Korey Sewell
·¢ËÍʱŒä: 2012Äê1ÔÂ11ÈÕ 23:50
ÊÕŒþÈË: gem5 users mailing list
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [gem5-users] How to dump stats.txt every fixed interval of
instructions in SE mode
Check out configs/common/Options.py and then use the "progress interval"
option to dump and a fixed # of ticks for a duration of the simulation.
exit_event = m5.simulate()
But, when I use ¡°for¡± loop to dump stats.txt based on the
number
for n in range(100)