Benchmarks for X86 SE
wael Amr
2012-07-25 03:04:33 UTC
Hello,

I am searching for benchmarks for running gem5 with X86 SE.
I read the workloads section at http://www.m5sim.org/Documentation.

but i noticed that SPEC is used for ALPHA and there is no information about
using SPLASH and SPEC for X86 and there is no guide for link to get these
benchmarks.

So any help/advice will be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance for time and support.
Best Regards
Wael AMR
Andrea Pellegrini
2012-07-25 13:14:23 UTC
Hi Weal,
I was able to run some mibench, SPEC2000 and SPEC2006 benchmarks. In order
to do that you will need to compile them statically and apply to gem5 some
patches that modify the syscalls (I believe they are from Vince Weaver -
for instance http://reviews.gem5.org/r/588/).

Good luck!
-Andrea
wael Amr
2012-07-26 03:35:56 UTC
Hi Eng. Andrea,

Thanks for your your reply.
I found the link for downloading the SPEC2000 benchmarks :
http://www.spec.org/cpu2000/
but the issue that is not clear to me is how to apply to gem5 some patches
that modify the syscalls ?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Best Regards
Wael AMR

Mahmood Naderan
2012-07-26 08:41:54 UTC
You can run binaries with gem5 SE. If you don't see such "unimplemented
syscall" error, then everything is fine.

// Naderan *Mahmood;
Post by wael Amr
Hi Eng. Andrea,
Thanks for your your reply.
Andrea Pellegrini
wael Amr
2012-07-27 15:02:36 UTC
Hi,

I read about the benchmarks SPEC2000 and SPEC CPU 2006 at
http://www.m5sim.org/SPEC2000_benchmarks and
http://www.m5sim.org/SPEC2006_benchmarks.

So i noticed that they are not free as there are licensing restrictions and
i need to use for an academic purpose.
So welcome for any suggestion as i need to run any benchmarks on gem5 X86
SE after i failed to run gem5 x86 FS and i am blocked.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
Best Regards
Wael AMR

Romulo Curty Cerqueira
2012-07-28 14:46:09 UTC
Hi Wael AMR

Maybe "NPB-NAS Parallel Benchmarks" could help you:

https://www.nas.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/software/start

Regards

Romulo
wael Amr
2012-08-05 16:40:59 UTC
Hi

I downloaded NPB-NAS Parallel Benchmarks("GridNPB3.1") but are there any
reference/links that show how to use it with gem5 ?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best Regards
Wael AMR
Hi Wael AMR
Mahmood Naderan
2012-08-05 16:42:41 UTC
Gem5 need a binary plus inputs and arguments. See how spec2k6
benchamrks are defined under gem5.
--
// Naderan *Mahmood;